So, my friend who was coming to take some shots of Liam ended up being 2 hours late. Liam was primed and ready at 2pm so I just started taking shots myself. I took about 300 by the end of it, with some of them being lighting shots and others just messing with the different effects and settings on the camera to see what they do.
I had some ideas to work with that I gathered
here. Nothing turned out the way I thought I wanted it to but, some of the shots I am super proud of.
So,
this is the shot that inspired the first few of these.
 |
| No editing |
 |
| No editing |
 |
| Colour Fill and a lowered saturation |
|
 |
| Edited... but I cant remember how and cropped. |
 |
| Cropped |
 |
| I did a hundred things to this and then just turned off the saturation. Something weird happened because Liam looks like a corpse... |
 |
| This took a million shots. Hard to get a natural shot of these two... always moving |
 |
| BW, or maybe I turned off saturation. |
 |
| Croped and warmed. |
 |
| Cropped and cooled |
 |
| 'Enhanced' but I don't really know what that button does... |
 |
| My fave of the day. Cropped, enhanced, and cooled (I think) |
|
|
Well, that was fun. I still need to find time to go back and try cropping and editing some of the others... but with an infant and 2 dogs - time is not on my side.
My friend then taught me what some of the buttons do on my camera. He set my pic taking mode to Jpeg Fine which is supposed to help take better photos. (we'll see, these are all just plain ol' Jpeg) We also talked about aperture. The next round of photos will be tinkering with that!
I also learned that a good editing program can make a world of difference. The "shot well" program I currently use does not have enough bells and whistles for my liking. Or maybe it does and I just don't know where they are...
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment