Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 1 With The Camera

So, I have used up one of my 16GB cards twice this week.  I have also run down the battery 3 times.  Let's just say I have taken a few (hundred) pictures.

Most of the pictures turned out like they did when I was using my point and shoot, but some of them - especially ones taken outdoors - seemed to have an... energy to them that I don't think I have been able to capture before.

Like this one.

We went on a nature hike with a bunch of other moms and kids and I just took a zillion pics - trying not to have anything posed.

I love the little boy running, but not the elbow.  Must take more time to frame pics before I click.
Eventually, once I made sure to take at least one picture of everyones kids, I went on to taking photos of 'nature'.  This is where I got frustrated.

Why is the bird black - what am I doing wrong?

These bugs were super gross.  Why cant I get a more detailed pic though...?

A beautiful thistle that I completely forgot to use the macro setting for (duh)

Note to self - don't stand in the sunlight.

Food setting is cool, but must remember to focus on the meat - when it is meat that I am bragging about.
I need to learn the differences in my lenses and what their limitations are.  I know the 55-300 takes AWESOME close up pics of faces... but I must be at a certain distance for it to work properly.  Must learn that distance to save myself time and MBs.

Here are some examples.





I could take those ALL day, every day of my life.  As a new mom, I know the value of having a beautiful face shot to brag to your friends about!

Well - that's it for this week.  Today my friend is coming over to do a 'shoot' with his fancy camera and hopefully capture some nice family shots for us - and maybe teach me some tricks! 

Must learn to do good Bokeh soon.  I heart the look of those shots!



No comments:

Post a Comment